Monday, August 1, 2011

To join or not to join

I have to say that I admire everyone that can exercise without a gym. I recently quit my gym because Mac started his job & I couldn't get there with no car (or a license). My original plan was to run, do yourshape for Kinect, and some 30 day shred...well let's just say it's a #majorfail.  I haven't done anything except walk 30-60 minutes a day.

Pants are no longer fitting right and I'm basically not happy with the way I look so I'm thinking of joining the gym that is across the street from my house (literally can see it from my bedroom window!).  The price is a little steep ($50/month), but my health is worth it right? I have about 20-25 lbs I'd like to lose (well really I'd like to tone up and slim down since the number on the scale doesn't matter). I'm 5'4" and around 145 lbs if anyone is interested in knowing.  I've always been between 128 & 135.

The pros of going to NYSC:

  • Within walking distance to my house
  • Swimming pool
  • Spinning/Yoga classes
  • Good for me!!
Cons:
  • Price.
  • Contract 
Clearly the pros outweigh the cons. I can always suspend my account for $15/month for up to a year if I need to for financial reasons. They have a 30 day for $30 deal where I can go and try out the classes to see if I like the gym which is something I may look into doing before I commit.

Do you belong to a gym or exercise at home? Please feel free to give me input on both sides of it & help me make a decision.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...